As we are now associated with a new Sponsor, St. Helen's Church, we now need to revise our Group Crest as our current crest has our previous sponsor on it. To make it extra special, we are looking to our members and alumni to help with the process through a design contest! The contest will be open to current members and alumni and the details are below.
The contest will be done in stages...
- sketches of the crest design are to be done as a concept (ie not polished or finished designs using computer software)
- sketches are to be submitted to a section leader or submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- sketches are to be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on Sunday, April 9th.
- the Leadership Team will then choose 5 sketches as finalists and contact the finalists by Sunday April 2nd.
The following are the design considerations for the sketches
- the shape of the crest will remain the same. Click here to download a template of the crest shape.
- Maroon and yellow should be the main colours to be used. We recommend if another colour is to be used, use only 1 extra for detail
- If symbols of our previous and current sponsor are being considered for your design (not mandatory), symbols of St. Sebastian are arrows as well as a Roman soldier helmet. Symbols for St. Helen are a crown and a cross.
- the 5 finalists will then have their sketches cleaned up and reproduced using design software
- the 5 final designs will then be voted on by the group over a 1 week period
- the design with the most votes will then be the design of our new Group Crest!!
Winners of the contest will receive the first crest that comes off the production line as well as a $50 gift card. The crest will then be added future group neckerchiefs as well as to all of our social media channels and any type of material requiring our crest.
We look forward to everyone's submissions and good luck to all of those who participate!
We are pleased to announce our group’s Annual Christmas Food Drive will begin shortly. We are asking our members to collect food and bring them to their meetings starting the week of November 20th, until the meetings that fall on the week of December 11th. The food collected during the meetings will be collected and added to the food collected by our Sponsor, St. Helen's Church during their food drive.
As an added incentive, points will be awarded to each section for the food that they collect based on the point system listed below. To keep this friendly competition fair, the points accumulated by a respective section are then divided by the number of registered youth members in that section. The section that accumulates the highest points/member average will be rewarded with a Pizza Party at a future meeting.
Higher points are given to items that are in more demand by food banks. The point system is as follows:
10 points - Baby Food, Powdered/Condensed Milk, Tuna/Canned Meat, Peanut Butter
5 points - Pasta, Canned Soup, Canned Fruit and Vegetables
1 point - Everything Else
Note: Any unmarked cans, expired items or opened bags will not be included in the score.
We thank you in advance for your support and generosity during this time and for helping a good cause!
Starting this week, we are back to our regular in person meetings. We will be back at the gym at St. Sebastian School and meeting days/times are below…
Beavers: 6:15 - 7:30pm
Scouts: 7:30 - 9:00pm
Cubs: 6:15 - 7:30pm
The Venturers will be continuing their leadership training and will be supporting the younger sections.
We look forward to seeing everyone this week!!!
“Would you like to make a donation to Scouts Canada?”
This question would be said and heard in our neighbourhood, and neighbourhoods across the city, every year around this time for Apple Day. Like last year, Apple Day is a bit different this time around as we will not be out and about this Fall, but we hope you “would like to make a donation to Scouts Canada” and help our group raise funds so that we can have some great adventures!
Last year we had the help of CanadaHelps to orgnaize donations and secure tax reciepts for those who required them. This year we are doing things a bit differently. If you would like to donate, please fill out the online form using the link below or reach out to one of our Volunteers directly. We will then make arrangements with you on the best method to collect the donation, be it e-transfer or a pick up.
Online donation form - https://forms.gle/JAVm6v1F1F7yv1Sj6
We will be accepting donation for Apple Day until 11:59pm on October 30th. We thanks in advance for the support and generosity and we are very hopeful for a normal Apple Day in 2022!!!
Welcome! We are a Scout group in the Bloor & Dufferin area of Toronto.