As we are now associated with a new Sponsor, St. Helen's Church, we now need to revise our Group Crest as our current crest has our previous sponsor on it. To make it extra special, we are looking to our members and alumni to help with the process through a design contest! The contest will be open to current members and alumni and the details are below.
The contest will be done in stages...
- sketches of the crest design are to be done as a concept (ie not polished or finished designs using computer software)
- sketches are to be submitted to a section leader or submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- sketches are to be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on Sunday, April 9th.
- the Leadership Team will then choose 5 sketches as finalists and contact the finalists by Sunday April 2nd.
The following are the design considerations for the sketches
- the shape of the crest will remain the same. Click here to download a template of the crest shape.
- Maroon and yellow should be the main colours to be used. We recommend if another colour is to be used, use only 1 extra for detail
- If symbols of our previous and current sponsor are being considered for your design (not mandatory), symbols of St. Sebastian are arrows as well as a Roman soldier helmet. Symbols for St. Helen are a crown and a cross.
- the 5 finalists will then have their sketches cleaned up and reproduced using design software
- the 5 final designs will then be voted on by the group over a 1 week period
- the design with the most votes will then be the design of our new Group Crest!!
Winners of the contest will receive the first crest that comes off the production line as well as a $50 gift card. The crest will then be added future group neckerchiefs as well as to all of our social media channels and any type of material requiring our crest.
We look forward to everyone's submissions and good luck to all of those who participate!
Welcome! We are a Scout group in the Bloor & Dufferin area of Toronto.